The robust metal detectors in the non-food (recycling) free-fall systems are used to protect cutting mills/grinding mills/chippers/shredders. They are also used for post-processing quality control, e.g. for waste wood that will be used to manufacture chipboard or for plastic.
- Remove ALL metals from 0.5 to 1 mm, even non-magnetic metals such as aluminium, copper, brass, etc.
- Suitable for belt widths up to 2000 mm.
- Control via integrated controller.
- Can generally be delivered in Ex II 1D version, suitable for use in ATEX dust explosion zone 20.
Operation: A metal detector is a conductive coil that produces an electromagnetic field. When a conductive metal object enters this electromagnetic field, it causes a disruption. The disruption is detected and can be used to initiate an action, such as stopping a belt or activating a reject mechanism to eject or push out the metal.
Goudsmit offers three types of metal detectors for belt systems used in the recycling industry:
- Tunnel metal detectors from Mesutronic: Tunnel-shaped detectors, mounted around a belt system.
Suitable for use when there are relatively few metal particles present in the material flow.
- Plate metal detectors from Mesutronic: These are flat detectors that are mounted under a conveyor belt system and are easier to install than the tunnel detectors.
Suitable for smaller layer thicknesses and relatively few metal particles.
- I-Sens separators (Goudsmit): This is a complete belt system that can be placed at the end of a belt to separate undesired or even desired (recycling) metal fully automatically.
Suitable for use when there is still a relatively large quantity of metal present in the material flow.