Goudsmit sells individual magnetic components with which you can construct your own magnetic conveyor system. These transport ferromagnetic shells, empty or full tins, lids, crown caps and aerosol cans. The appropriate type of magnet depends on the shape of the transported object, the belt type, the belt speed of the conveyor system and the environmental conditions in which the conveyor will operate.
Important factors to consider include:
- product dimensions
- position on the belt (open side or closed side toward the magnet)
- belt speed and angle of rise
- weight (full or empty tin)
- dry or wet environment – in a wet environment the magnets must be protected against rust; this is not only caused by water but also, ever more often, by aggressive cleaning products
- temperature – this can be a problem above 60 °C
When in doubt, you can always contact the specialists at Goudsmit.